Wednesday 7 December 2016

Lincoln Christmas market 2016.


I have a shopping problem and I love Christmas. This was never going to end well.


I know I'm a little late to the game but I have this great habit of spending ages writing these and forgetting to post them :(

So today was the first day of lincoln Christmas market. It's finally acceptable to drink mulled wine at every chance and I was reunited with P. I had the best day! 

We made the right decision and went early, we got there maybe an hour after it opened and even though it was busy it was not night time busy. It picked up when the sun started to set but by then we half way round for the second time. 

There were so many beautiful stalls but a few that I really want to talk about... all the ones that beat me. There are a few I can't talk about as I bought a couple of Christmas presents! 



Let's start with Tickley Spider I think it's safe to say this was mine and P's favourite stall. They make bespoke tweed bags, that are just beautiful. They have chosen a few staple bag shapes and let the fabric speak for its self. I'm obsessed with their 50's bag, the only reason I didn't buy one is that he didn't have any in my kind of tweed - I like mine a bit more on the tartan side. I bought a wash bag and P got the 'marmite' bag. 

After hitting up the Oslinc for an ostrich burger and trying to resist the giant doughnuts, we found the Celtic Spirit Co. We both indulged in their free samples and if I wasn't trying to watch my alcohol intake I would have bought the stall! Their hazelnut baileys is beautiful and their sloe gin had the burn I love. 


A welcome addition this year was a couple of Turkish stands selling decorated pottery and lamps. They reminded me of the markets in Crete. 


On our first time round, the Russian doll stall drew me in, I don't know what it is about them! I ended up caving on round two and bought a Christmas tree and P got one too! We were a bad as each other today! 

Near the end of the market in the marquees that no one can ever be bothered with, I found a gem, especially if you like pottery. I bought a small, heart-shaped dish. All the other ones were fully glazed but this one just called to me. 

I had such a lovely day wandering around but my back is paying for it now! We will be back on Sunday for the annual end of market day sesh.


Until next time.

 R x

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik