Monday 23 February 2015

Worth the hype? Seche vite.

Seche Vite has been hyped up by the beauty community for years, after finally finding a bottle I get to see what all the fuss is about.

I was lazy and neglected a base coat. First, I painted my nails with two coats of OPI's 'this gown needs a crown' and finished with a thick coat of seche vite over the wet polish. I have never had a fast drying top coat that actually does what it claims. Seche vite dried my nails in under two minutes! perfect for those of us who don't protect our fresh manicure like it's our only child.

Day one: Unlike most other top coats Seche Vite has kept my manicure looking fresh for 24 hours! usually by now the majority of my nails would either be chipped or completely ruined.

Day two: Today was supposed to be the real test for Seche Vite. When I'm at work my nails get abused, constantly coated in alcohol and harsh cleaning products. Work was depressingly quiet do I can't say yet how Seche Vite holds up against alcohol, however my nails did survive the excessive amount of cleaning I did. By the end of the night there are only two small, vaguely unnoticeable chips.

Day three: So today there are a couple more chips, but they're not really noticeable. Although, I'm putting that down to the distracting sparkly polish. Tonight was a relatively busy night at work and my nails are now chipped like normal. I can see why people love this top coat but for those of us in bar jobs it's not the miracle I was hoping for.

Verdict: If I wasn't working with products that naturally strip nail polish I would agree with everyone else, but it looks like I'm still searching for that miracle top coat that will keep my manicure for more that three days.

Until next time.
R x



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik