Wednesday 4 February 2015

10 reasons bartending is the best job ever.

One of my first posts was about my biggest pet peeves as a bartender. But it's not all doom and gloom, I wouldn't stay in a job I didn't love. Here are 10 reasons why being a bartender is one of the best jobs. 



1: 'I'll have a double monster redubull'
hahahahhaha do you want to try again?

2: Social life
Many people think that because we work unsociable hours we have no life. But we're are constantly surrounded by people even if they are drunk.

3: Other bartenders
You can't really help but love all other bartenders, they know the struggle. They're what gets us through those particularly bad shifts. Not to mention staff parties are possibly the best parties ever! 

4: Sleep
Working nights means I can totally justify sleeping ALL day.

5: People watching
Watching drunk people make absolute idiots out of themselves is by far my favourite part of working behind a bar. Until I remember that's me when I've had a drink.

6: Getting paid to party
Think about it, we get paid to listen to music and spend the night with our friends. it's just like a sober night out, but behind the bar. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like your working.

7: Staff discount
A perk that comes with most service jobs but it's much more enjoyable when that discount is on alcohol. 

8: Knowledge
Knowing so many cocktail recipes and the percentage of every drink known to man is essential to life.

9: The genuinely nice customers.
A lot of drunk people turn into complete arseholes but we always forget about those that just quietly wait their turn and are actually nice to the people behind the bar. Shout out to the unsung nice drunkards.

10: Games and pranks.
For those quiet nights we need some form of entertainment, here's a few examples we do.
- Sunday funday. The rules vary but someone ends up soaking wet.
-'Can you run downstairs and get me some ice making solution?'
- Hide the lime! (My personal favourite)

Until next time.

R x


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik