Sunday 8 March 2015

Skinny Sundays Breakfast recipes.

Hey guys!! Happy Sunday... Here's a bunch of my favourite breakfast recipes of the moment to brighten up your week :) You have to try the overnight oats they're amazing and work with whatever ingredients you have!


Lazy Smoothies.

Most smoothies are pretty straightforward, bit of fruit and ice or whatever and shove it in the blender. This smoothie is extra lazy because I use frozen pre-cut fruit bits.

Ingredients.
200g Tesco Frozen Strawberry Pineapple & Banana Smoothie Mix.
50-100ml Water or milk.

Boom, Blender... Smoothie with absolutely no effort.

Overnight oats.

Over night oats is one of my favourite breakfast recipes, it's just so easy and you can have it hot or cold.

Ingredients.
Sachet of oats, I use the Quaker oats sachets but uses whatever you have and the recommended serving size.
180ml milk/Almond milk.
Tbsp Greek yogurt. (Optional)
Handful of any fruit you fancy, I usually use a banana or kiwi, depending on the flavour of the oats. 

Method.
In a mason jar or anything with a lid, add all ingredients starting with the milk -> yogurt -> oats -> fruit and leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning shake thoroughly and either heat up or tuck in. If your worried about the oats, because they've been in the fridge overnight they have absorbed some of the milk and are all nice and squishy.

Banana Pancakes.


These are really the most amazing substitute for 'naughty' pancakes. If you don't like the taste of banana then I honestly wouldn't bother, no matter how ripe your bananas are these always have a strong flavour.

Ingredients.
2 large eggs.
1 ripe banana.

Yes that's it!

Method.
Literally just shove everything in a blender, blitz it and your ready to go.
Over a medium heat, fry each pancake like you would a normal one. I use 1cal butter spray just for taste and little lubrication.

This recipe usually makes 4 medium pancakes at approximately 232 in total. I wouldn't double up on the recipe for one person, that many eggs will sky rocket cholesterol.

Almond Toast.


I know this isn't really a recipe but I love having almond butter on toast for breakfast! The protein in the almost butter keeps me full until lunch. I'm not going to bore you as I'm sure the entire world knows how to spread stuff on toast!!
I get my almond butter from Holland and Barrett, they do a 1kg tub for £14 which is totally worth the money, especially at the rate I go through it!


Diet update.

This week I lost- 2lbs.

Even with a few hiccups this week was more successful than the last few! I'm still not making enough effort to exercise, but at least I'm still loosing. I start a new job on Monday, it's a 1.5 mile walk from my house so at least ill be regularly walking!

Until next time.

R x

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik