Sunday 15 March 2015

Skinny Sundays Lunch and Dinner recipes.

Hey guys! Happy Sunday, hope you've all had an awesome week:) Here's some of my favourite lunch and dinner recipes, I'm not really a big dinner person so there's not many. I like to make enough for lunch the next day, anything to save me cooking again!


Cheesy quinoa.

This is so simple but so yummy! There's so many variations just sway out the broccoli for any vegetable of you choice.. My favourites are broccoli, spinach and...

Ingredients.
130g Quinoa.
2 1/2 cups vegetable stock.
200g broccoli.
60g cheese.

Method.
In a large sauce pan bring the vegetable stock and quinoa to a boil, Once boiling turn down the heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Steam or boil the broccoli for around 10 minutes, and grate the cheese. you'll know the quinoa is ready when the liquid has been absorbed and it looks fluffy. Take everything off the heat and mix in the broccoli and the cheese.

This recipe serves 2-4. I usually have 2 large portions at apx 380 calories each.

Chinese style quinoa.

This is amazing! It reminds me a little of egg fried rice just with more veggies:)

Ingredients.
130g quinoa.
2 large carrots.
one medium onion. (any kind you fancy)
70g frozen peas.
1 teaspoon garlic paste or 1 clove.
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil.
1 tablespoon soy sauce.
2-4 eggs (optional).

Method.
Cook the quinoa like you would any other time (with two cups of water, bring to the boil and then take of the heat and leave for 12-15 minutes.) In a large wok fry off the onion and garlic in oil until browned. Add in the carrots and the peas, once they're tender now it's time to scramble the eggs (optional). Finally, add the cook quinoa and soy sauce and mix until combined.


This recipe serves 2-4. I usually have 2 large portions at apx 260 calories each without eggs.

Honestly I tend to switch between these and meat with vegetables for dinner, as for lunches I tend to just have left overs or a cheese toastie (I'm in love with them at the moment!).

Sorry this was a short one!

Diet update.


This week I lost 1 lbs AGAIN!

I know why this week though! I had three really naughty food days this week, basically every non diet day I ate out and had dessert! naughty Rosey! But hey at least it's not a gain :)

Until next time.

R x

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥




2 comments:

  1. These look so delicious Rosey! And I love how easy they are to make! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im literally living off these at the moment they're amazing!x

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik