Sunday 1 March 2015

Skinny Sundays: Snacks & dessert recipes.



Happy Sunday:)

To kick off skinny Sundays I thought I'd start with my favourite dessert and snack recipes of the moment.

Banana ice cream smoothie.


I have this every night on diet days, it may seem simple and not really that healthy but both ingredients are in the diet plan. Not to mention is pretty amazing!

Ingredients.
Half a banana.
70g-100g vanilla ice cream. (70g on day two).
50-100ml water.

Method.
Shove everything in a blender and blend until smooth. keep adding water until you get your desired consistency.

The calories for this smoothie really depend on the ice cream you use but mine is usually around 200 calories.


Banana raisin oatmeal cookies.


When I made these the first time I made them too fat. make sure you make them into quite thin cookies. I think I was just expecting them to flatten in the oven.

Ingredients.
2 ripe bananas.
130g oats.
60g raisins.

Method.
Pre heat oven to 180C.
Mash bananas until mushy then mix in the oats and raisins until combined. Roll into small balls, flatten and place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe should make 12 small cookies, at aprox. 71 calories each.

Energy bars.


I randomly found this recipe on youtube when searching for healthy snack that we still quite sweet. The original recipe used dried cherries but I couldn't find them anywhere! So, I substituted them for dried cranberries which still tasted awesome. Honestly, these taste better than chocolate.

Ingredients.
1 cup/ 130g Dates.
1 cup/ 130g Almonds.
1 cup/ 130g Cranberries.

Method.
Put all ingredients in a food processor and bled until you get a dough-like ball consistency. Shape into a square about 2cm high and chill for a few hours/ overnight. Slice and serve.

This recipe should make around 20 bite size bars at just over 100 calories but if you want them larger just double the calories.

If anyone tries these recipes let me know how it goes on Instagram or twitter. God knows my cookies were a hot mess the first time I made them.


Skinny Hot Chocolate.


This is one of my go to snack/ desserts. It took some playing with to get it right but i finally found the right mix of chocolate substitute and milk!

Ingredients.
4-5 teaspoons of Choc shot.
200-300ml sweetened Almond milk.

Method.
In a small saucepan bring the almond milk to a medium heat, slowly adding the Choc shot. Stir and pour into your favourite mug. It's that simple and possibly the best thing ever!



Diet update.

This week I lost: this week I only lost 1lbs again and I know it's because I'm not exercising! It doesn't matter how well I eat, I need to exercise.

This week has been quite successful week compared to the last few weeks, eating wise. I had a night out so I've taken into account the extra alcohol calories but I'm trying to forget the trip to McDonald's at the end of the night. Those cheesy bites though! ♥ 

Until next time.

R x

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik