Sunday 24 January 2016

No More D-word


I have finally come to my senses, I have seen the light. Dieting does not work. I have wasted so much of my life dabbling with every fad diet out there. Some of them are easy and work for a while, others are terrible and some just do nothing. No matter what I do no fad diet is never going to be a life long change, when you finally come to this conclusion you realised that you need to make changes that will work for you.

This epiphany came a couple of weeks ago, I realised that restricting things just makes me want them more. I found that cutting things down and choosing healthier options is the way forward. It  came after reading an article about the 'clear skin diet' - for the life of me I can't find the article now :( - but they kept going on about how the diet was so easy because it was all things that most people would be happy to eat anyway. It got me thinking how if you wouldn't eat it normally your not going to stick to a diet.

If anyone read my diet posts from last year, I was doing the military diet. I loved it. It was possibly the best diet I have ever done but it was just too restrictive. I probably stuck to it for a couple of months before my sandwich and chocolate addiction took control.

This time I have just been making healthier choices, instead of having a sandwich, ill have a salad. I'm having easy cook meals in smaller portions so I can still enjoy everything I love. My chocolate addiction is satisfied by a Freddo, which by the way are now 25p. 25 fucking p.  I know that if I want take-out it's not the end of the world. I just won't be having them multiple times a week anymore.

At the moment I'm feeling pretty positive and after two weeks I've lost 6 hopefully this one lasts. I might do a few healthy posts every now and then, it keeps me accountable.


Until next time.

 R x

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik