Wednesday 20 January 2016

Shaving for lazy girls

Have you got the theme yet?

This year I came to accept the fact that in a number of aspects in my life, I am one lazy bitch.

One common issue in every girls life is the removal of body hair. Some chose not to remove it, each to their own, but most of us would prefer if it just didn't exist! Except on the head :) I'm focusing on legs and arms today... what you do with other hairy body parts is you own business, but my legs especially are one thing I can never be arsed to do! I used to say to myself I would shave my legs whenever I washed my hair, but then I started going longer between hair washes... and then you have the odd time where you just can't be bothered.

So where am I going with this? I'm sure y'all don't want to know about my Chewbacca legs.

I decided I needed to find an alternative to shaving... there are a multitude of options, waxing, removal cream, tweezing and epilation.

I've tried waxing... not my thing! Removal cream... I have never been able to find one that didn't make eczema worse:( tweezing? who on earth would want to tweeze their legs?! but apparently it does happen. So here we are with epilation. I had head so many mixed reviews on using an epilator, but I thought about it and realise I spend more money on things that are far more pointless, I might as well give it a go.


Instead of spending a ridiculous amount of money, I got a pretty cheap one. What's the point in spending £200 when you can get one that works perfectly fine for £20? I ended up getting the Braun Silk épil 3, pretty much the cheapest in their range. I got mine from Argos for £29.99 and then walked into boots and realised I totally could have got points on my card if I had gone there first :( but Oh well.

So the part that anyone still reading has been waiting for... my experience.

I honestly cannot believe I have not tried epilators before!! The lady in Argos when I bought it said that she would compare the feeling to getting a tattoo. That didn't worry me too much as I barely felt either of mine, if anything I enjoy the pain of tattoos, but then I realised that most people consider tattoos to be rather painful. I'm not going to lie, the first run was painful but I got used to it pretty much instantly. I would actually go as far as to say it became relaxing!

Now that's the legs... I tried to do my underarms. It was the worse pain I have ever felt! They look beautiful now and the pain gets less and less after a few uses but you have to get through that initial torture. There is nothing I can compare the pain to, imagine a bunch of red hot needles stabbing you in the armpit for 5 minutes. it didn't get better like the legs did, but now that my hair grows back in patches its bearable.

There were some cons... and I think it may have something to do with me getting one of the cheapest ones. The silk épil 3 and 4 only have 20 tweezers but the next model up has 40. It took me multiple runs to get all of the hair. Both legs took me about 20 minutes in total, but honestly the time doesn't really matter to me.

Also, I didn't really think about where the hair went when it came out... EVERYWHERE. Half of it ended up all over my bed, some was just chilling in the epilator and then the rest stayed on my legs so I didn't really know where was clean.

The biggest issue I had with this device was that it only came with a 2 pin plug, you know those stupid bathroom ones that are apparently only for men's shavers. We don't have one of these plugs in either of the bathrooms so I had to run back to Argos to get an adaptor!

Overall, I would recommend epilators in general to any lazy girl. If I were to buy again I would definitely spend a little more money but this baby is now my best friend! Smooth legs and white armpits for life ♥

Until next time.

 R x

 ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik