Saturday 20 December 2014

Adventures in: NYC Day Five.

It's our last full day, I keep coming up with extreme ideas on how I can stay.

Today started late for me, I set my alarm for 7 but didn't wake up until 9, last night was the first night I haven't slept like a baby. Once I dragged myself out of bed I headed uptown searching for a Dunkin' doughnuts, surprising between 43rd and 77th I couldn't find one. I sat outside the natural history museum for a while, toying with the idea of going in, in the end I decided not to and save that $30 for Fifth Avenue. 
I took a leisurely stroll through Central Park, its quite surreal being surrounded by trees and grass with skyscrapers in the background. I can see why hanging out there is popular with the locals, its so refreshing to be surrounded by nature. I'm definitely going to head back tomorrow morning before we leave.



After a quick trip to the Upper East Side, I realised I felt a little out of place. Pretty much everyone was coated in Cartier and Armani, even wearing a complete MK outfit I felt majorly underdressed.
Wandering down Fifth, I found the home alone hotel! The Christmas decorations were just like the movies! I ended up walking all the way back down to the hotel without realising, stopping in Bendel's, Saks and Michael Kors. After dropping on my bendel's purchases at the hotel, I headed out to meet mum and dad via Dunkin doughnuts, which I actually found this Time!! Their Pumpkin spice brûlée latte is actually better than Starbucks! Just to top it off they accidentally gave me an extra doughnut.

Once I met up with them we headed downtown to K-Mart, so mum and dad could do some clothes shopping. It's surprising how few plus size shops there are in Manhattan, the only one dedicated to menswear doesn't open until March! So K-Mart it was. I picked up some Crest whitening strips at half the price I would pay at home, winner. After another crammed subway ride we came back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner.

Usually on our last night of holiday we would go back to our favourite restaurant of the week, but considering we don't leave until 8pm tomorrow were going to do a late lunch at our favourite (yet to be agreed upon).

Tonight we went to Bubba Gump for tea, a Forrest Gump themed shrimp chain right in the middle of Times Square. We arrived no later than ten to six and were advised there was a 30 minute wait, but that's what you get for choosing a restaurant on Times Square. We had a wander round the gift shop and definitely didn't leave with anything ;) we got seated about 6:20, it looks like our luck with snagging the last table has run out. Josh, our waiter was possibly the best waiter ever, he knew everything about every thing and just sold us the entire menu, deciding what to order was impossible. I have no idea how I managed a three course meal! Although I'm sure the cocktails helped.


The food was amazing! That's saying something from me, I'm not a major fan of sea food. After waddling out the restaurant, mum and I took a slow walk up through Times Square to Hershey's world. The only time you can justify spending that much money on chocolate is at Christmas! As its our last night we had to go to the Rockefeller Centre to see the Christmas tree, we would have been there by nine if I hadn't of drunkenly got us on the wrong train. We ended up on an express to the Bronx, after realising we were on the wrong train it took us over half an hour to get back to the station. Although, at least we had a entertaining guy preaching the word of god the entire way through the upper west side. When we finally got to the Rockefeller Centre it was so busy it took us a good 5 minutes to wade through the crowd just to get a good view. While we were wandering around we noticed the ice rink was rather quiet, only to realise we had just caught a proposal (thank god she said yes!).


Just as we decided to head home my phone died, and with that we lost our map. Even without we managed to make our way back to Times Square and back to the hotel by half 11.

I'm all snuggly trying to come to terms with the fact that this is my last night in this beautifully comfy bed.

See you tomorrow.
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik