Monday 1 December 2014

Time for tea.

Who doesn't love a warm cup of liquid sugar?

Now I'm not a massive tea drinker... I know, I know I'm British I should live off the stuff but it's just not my cup of tea. (Excuse the horrific pun) 

Whittard's of Chelsea have a range of deliciously sweet instant teas that can either be served over ice for a refreshing summer drink or warm for that comforting beverage.



I've been searching for the perfect apple tea forever based on a childhood memory of a family holiday to Greece. Anyone that's ever tasted authentic turkish apple tea will know the love for the sweet liquid goodness. Finally I have found the one, Whittard's Turkish Apple.
Some may find it a little sweet but I've just been putting less in my mug than they reccomend. 

I couldn't just buy one, I decided to pick up their dreamtime tea aswell just to help me relax in my night routine. I can't really say I've stuck to that though, working unsociable hours means my night routine is usually put on the back burner. This tea, like the Turkish Apple is also really sweet, flavoured with vanilla, apricot and honey It's that 'perfect' rush of sugar you need before bed. I'm not quite sure how they live with themselves marketing this aa a night time tea when there is almost 20g of sugar in each cup! 

Nutritionally these teas are deceiving. Each recommended serving only has 79 calories but their sugar content is through the roof. All of the teas in this range have nearly 20g of sugar in each cup! This is more of a treat now than an everyday drink, especially at £5.50 a tub. 

Even with that being said I do recommend the range especially in winter. They're wonderful winter warmers for those of us that don't really care for hot chocolate or fancy something a little different. 

Until next time.
R x 







No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik