Wednesday 10 December 2014

Budget beauty: beautyuk.

I'm one of those people that rarely takes a glance at, let alone tries the really cheap beauty brands. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but every now and then I will pick some up on a whim. 
I've been using the beautyuk face powder for almost a year now, and I love it! it's a great product and doesn't break the bank. On my last trip to SuperDrug, if you bought two beautyuk products you got a free posh pout,
Who says no to free stuff?! right.



The posh pout is basically a knock off version of Clinique's chubby stick and I'll tell you a little secret... I think I actually prefer the beautyuk version. 
I picked up the shade 'power to the purple', a berry (Swatch: second from right). The colour pay off is very good albeit slightly misleading, looking much deeper in the tube. It feels so creamy and actually more moisturising than the chubby sticks, and for only £2.99!! 
It claims to have a minty flavour but I can't really taste anything, there is a hint of mint behind that plasticy smell that's common with cheap lip products. But that doesn't even bother me I just want to keep applying it! I can't really comment of its staying power because I've just been constantly applying it. Although, when I have neglected to reapply it fades to a more natural berry shade.

This is definitely one of those staple, everyday lip products that is doomed to get lost in our handbags, this little freebie had me running back to the shop in less that 24 hours to get more colours.

Until next time.
R x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik