Saturday 6 December 2014

Beauty products you abused in your teens that you still love today.

I can honestly say that my makeup skills have come a long way in the last seven years or so. In high school I was 'that' girl.

'That' orange girl who didn't realise her choice of foundation colour actually mattered.
'That' girl who wore bronzer as blusher and looked vaguely like a satsuma.
'That' girl who didn't understand the concept of lipstick so 'foundation lips' were the staple.
'That' girl who loved choppy, bright eyeshadows with the thickest, blackest eyeliner you could buy.

Now I know I wasn't alone in my makeup blunders, mainly because all my friends looked exactly the same! oh the shame we feel today.

Some would blame the products they used for the disaster that was their face. Me on the other hand, I know that it was my own fault that I looked like I'd fallen head first through makeup factory. But some of the products that enabled my orange complexion are still in my collection.



Boujois delice de poudre: Most of you will know it as the chocolate bronzer (the smell being main reason we all bought it). This is a golden oldie for me, I'm not one of these people that sees the need to constantly splurge on bronzer. Ive just finished a MAC bronzer (golden) and honestly I don't see the hype behind high end bronzers.

Collection (2000) felt eyeliner: I know that the felt eyeliner is a relatively new thing for the make up community but when this came out, I was nearing the end of high school and started to notice how ridiculously like a panda I looked. This staple helped me thin down my eyeliner as its so much easier to work with than pencils. At less that £4 I don't see the point in paying out for higher end versions.

Everything from Urban Decay:  At least when I was in my teens, urban decay was the brand to have, those glitter eyeliners! god, I will never understand the obsession with glitter liners, although they do look quite nice layered over shadow. The book of shadows was the first ever eyeshadow palette and first UD product I owned (not that I really knew what to do with it). I still whip it out every now and then when I'm feeling a bright look. Urban decay is one of those brands that will stand the test of time, they are one of the only high end brands that offer collections outside the bog standard neutral colours.



2 comments:

  1. WIth all the hype around that Bourjois bronzer, I've been longing to get my hands on it! After swatching it at the store, it came out a bit orange. Do you have that same problem with it?

    Claudlyy | Skincare & Makeup Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does come out a little orange, I just get the lightest and use a light hand :)x

    ReplyDelete

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik